First, a reminder: your counts of Ecotone and Chautauqua are due on Wednesday. Make sure you’re working with your group, and are ready to present your findings!
Homework for 9/12
Remember that we’re meeting in the library Skype room to talk with Jabari Asim! Here’s what to do to prepare for class:
- Read “Forgotten Pages: Black Literary Magazines in the 1920s” (fogotten-pages PDF)
- Read “Writing a Wrong: US Publishers Shunned Books…“
- Come to the session with several questions ready for Jabari. Check out this press release about his appointment as editor of The Crisis and his website, with links to interviews and information about his books.
Homework for 9/14
Be ready to present and discuss your count findings of Ecotone and Chautaqua in your groups to the class (so no written response is due this week)! I imagine your counts will keep you busy, but two very short readings
- “What White Publishers Won’t Print” by Zora Neal Hurston
- “#Realtalk” by Tia Williams (tia-williams PDF)